Accelerating the digital transformation
Responsible to install, administer, and troubleshoot Omnix security and network solutions. The Network Security Administrator will ensure Omnix network’s security, protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction, and troubleshoot any access problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Implement Network and Security configurations as per approved design
- Responsible for documenting (LLD) network designs based on the HLD
- Hands-on experience on LAN/WAN, Wireless and Firewall technologies
- Implementing network security policies and procedures
- Administering and maintaining firewalls and firewall rules
- Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
- Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and
- Preventive measures are in place
- Preventing and detecting intrusion or suspicious traffic
- Monitoring network traffic for suspicious behaviour.
- Performing intrusion detection analysis
- Creating network policies and authorization roles and defending against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions.
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements.
- Good understanding of industry standards and best practices Proficient in the following:
- Routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, and RIP
- High availability network architecture and protocols [Multi-vendor]
- WAN interfacing using MPLS
- Firewall, IPS, UTM, IPSEC & SSL
- Expert level knowledge in network security, including troubleshooting and configuration of routers, firewalls and a wide range of security products
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and network technologies
- Strong knowledge of spanning tree, Trunking, and layer two switching concepts
- Working knowledge of next-generation firewalls / VPNs (Cisco, Palo Alto and Fortinet)
Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Good communication, presentation, reporting, planning, interpersonal and documentation skills
- Training IT staff to understand and use security protocols.
Minimum Education Required:
- Preferably Cyber Security certified, CCNA/CCNP/CCIE in Routing/Switching, Security or Data Centre
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ Information systems / Computer Science or its equivalent
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in a related field